Use these links to send us an e-mail to request a demo:
What our customers are saying
"BiotSavart is great. It is easy to very quickly go from no knowledge to complicated current configurations in less than an hour. The force calculator is spectacular, allowing for sophisticated mechanical analyses of possible magnet geometries."
"BiotSavart has proved essential at the design stage to help us engineer the highly specific magnetic environment needed to optimize the spin-transport of state-selected atoms through an apparatus."
- Matthew Rosen, Ph. D., Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
BiotSavart is an application for Mac OS X and Windows XP that calculates the magnetic field resulting from general 3-D configurations of current-carrying conductors. It has proven useful in the design of superconducting and copper coil systems in physics laboratories worldwide. With BiotSavart, you design the conductors while you view them on the screen.
- loop (single loop or coaxial ensemble)
- solenoid (thick or thin)
- cylindrical permanent magnet (revolved current sheet of polygonal cross section)
- wire (any 3-D path composed of straight line segments, arcs, and helices)
- cuboid of hard magnetic material
Magnetic field calculation
- Magnetic field can be calculated along any path and graphed.
- Automatic update of field as you modify the conductors.
- Contour plot of field on specified plane surface.
- Tracer probe to calculate magnetic field lines.
- Volumetric probe to calculate level-set and arrow plots.
- Calculated field can be written to a file for further processing.
- Magnetic vector potential.
- Linked flux calculation (lets you calculate self-inductance and mutual inductance).
More BiotSavart information
- Revisions history
- Version 4.0 release notes
- Version 3.3 release notes
- Read the version 4.0 help documention
- Scientific success using BiotSavart
- The online help
Flavors of BiotSavart
For users not requiring magnetic materials capabilities we are offering a less-expensive option: BiotSavart L (the L stands for "Lite").
For users requiring magnetic materials capabilities we are offering BiotSavart M. The magnetic materials module will be released summer of 2009 and the program is presently offered at a special pre-release price.
[2009-09-12] Release of BiotSavart M is now expected in the late fall of 2009. Please accept our apologies for the delay.
- ** DISCONTINUED EXCEPT BY SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT **
- (Lab licenses purchased after January 1, 2009 comprise only BiotSavart L seats)
- Single-user license: 695USD (special pre-release price)
- Will run as BiotSavart L until release of magnetic materials module
- Two BiotSavart L licenses: 767USD
- Three BiotSavart L licenses: 990USD
- One BiotSavart L and one BiotSavart M license: 921USD
- Contact us for further information
To place a credit card order using Kagi use the Buy now buttons or click here.
Alternatively, orders can be placed by mailing, e-mailing, or faxing us a purchase order.